Source : http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2017/
Total Distance : 212.5km
Type : Hilly
The Weather on the Day
Race Main Favourites
- Peter Sagan - 1st Place for Stage 3
- Greg Van Avermaet - 5th Place
- Michael Matthews - 2nd Place
- Philippe Gilbert
- Daniel Martin - 3rd Place
- Diego Ulissi
- Alexis Vuillermoz
- Fabio Feline
- Edvald Boasson Hagen
- Daniel Moreno
Six riders breakaway from the peloton - Nils Politt (Katusha), Adam Hansen (Lotto-Soudal), Romain Hardy (Fotuneo-Oscaro), Nathan Brown (Cannondale-Drapac), Frederick Backaert (Wanty-Groupe Govert) and Romain Sicard (Direct Energie)
Nathan Brown (Cannondale-Drapac) scores one point towards the polka-dot (KOM) jersey, behind his own team mate Taylor Phinney whom holds 2 points.
Breakaway gap stands at 1 minute 30seconds
Nils Politt (Katusha) wins the Intermediate Sprint taking in 20points, 2nd place (17 pts) for Frederick Backaert and 3rd place (15 pts) for Romain Sicard. Cavendish (Dimension Data) also takes home 9 points ahead of the other main green jersey contenders.
Nils Politt (Katusha) ascends first atop the cote de Wiltz, scoring one KOM point
Thomas Boudat (Direct Energie) crashes, suffers a wrist injury
Nathan Brown (Cannondale-Drapac) ascends first atop the cote d'Eschdorf scoring one KOM point
Six in the lead still, with the same riders mentioned above in the initial breakaway, holding a gap of 2mins 19 seconds
Geraint Thomas (SKY), current holder of the Yellow jersey endures a problem which caused him to fall out of the peloton but has rejoined with his team-mates in the bunch
Sizeable crash at 58km, nothing serious, continued straight after
Breakaway riders expand to nine from six, 55km to go
Romain Bardet (GC Contendor from AG2R) suffers from a mechanical failure
Breakaway gap stands at 1 minute 30 seconds with 30km to go
Peter Sagan (Bora) wins Stage 3 after having his cleat unclip on him at just 200m from the finish! What a sprint finish that was, a show of determination by Sagan!
Current Jersey Wearers
- Yellow Jersey : worn by the rider at the top of the general classification, meaning they have completed the stages so far in the least time.
- Green (Points Jersey) : goes to the rider with the most points overall. Points are given for the first 15 riders across an intermediate sprint line about halfway through the race and the finish line.
- Polka-dot jersey (King of the Mountains Jersey) : goes to the rider who has won the most points in the mountain sections of stages by reaching the top of the climbs first.
- White Jersey : goes to the fastest (time-wise) rider under 26.
Yellow Jersey - Geraint Thomas (SKY) with 10 hours, 0 minutes and 31 seconds
Green Jersey - Marcel Kittel (QSF) with 66 points
Polka-Dot Jersey - Nathan Brown (Cannondale Drapac) with 3 points
White Jersey - Pierre Latour (AG2R La Mondiale) with 10 hours 0 minutes and 56 seconds