Source : http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2017/
Total Distance : 207.5km
Type : Flat Race
The Weather on the Day
Race Main Favourites
- Mark Cavendish - crashed 100m before finish
- Marcel Kittel
- Andre Greipel - 4th Place
- Arnaud Demare - 1st Place
- Dylan Groenewegen
- Nacer Bouhanni - 5th Place
- John Degenkolb
- Alexander Kristoff
- Peter Sagan - 2nd Place
- Michael Matthews
- Edvald Boasson Hagen
- Ben Swift
- Sonny Colbrelli
They're off, starting the day to a long race ahead with almost perfect weather
Breakaway gap stands at 10 minutes and 4 seconds, held by a solo effort from Van Keirsbulck
125.4km remaining & 82.1km covered at an average speed of 41.6km/h
Breakaway gay at 6minutes 17 seconds, still held by a solo effort from Van Keirsbulck
Van Keirsbulck, giving no surprise, wins the intermediate lead whilst still holding a breakaway gap of 2minutes and 35 seconds, what a solo effort!
Van Keirsbulck, wins the category 4 climb of the day at col des Trois-Fontaines, granting him one point towards the polka dot jersey. However, Nathan Brown still retains the Polka Dot Jersey.
Van Keirsbulck, is caught at the 16km mark, losing his breakaway position and rejoining the pack
Van Keirsbulck, awarded most aggressive rider of the day, no surprise there either
Two big crashes just meters before the finish! First one involving a significant amount of riders and the other crash involved a race favourite and the very unlucky rider Mark Cavendish from Dimension Data. Sagan seemed to have nudged cavendish during the sprint, catapulting him into the safety barriers. Cavendish is still on the ground.
Sagan gets a 30 second penalty, plummeting him to 115th place of his group!
Arnaud Demare wins Stage 4
Cavendish reported to be suffering from a broken shoulder
Current Jersey Wearers
- Yellow Jersey : worn by the rider at the top of the general classification, meaning they have completed the stages so far in the least time.
- Green (Points Jersey) : goes to the rider with the most points overall. Points are given for the first 15 riders across an intermediate sprint line about halfway through the race and the finish line.
- Polka-dot jersey (King of the Mountains Jersey) : goes to the rider who has won the most points in the mountain sections of stages by reaching the top of the climbs first.
- White Jersey : goes to the fastest (time-wise) rider under 26.
Yellow Jersey - Geraint Thomas (SKY) with 14 hours, 54 minutes and 25 seconds
Green Jersey - Arnaud Demare (FDJ) with 124 points
Polka-Dot Jersey - Nathan Brown (Cannondale Drapac) with 3 points
White Jersey - Pierre Latour (AG2R La Mondiale) with 14 hours 54 minutes and 5 seconds